I just watched an episode of Jersey Shore the other day, and I didn’t even know people like that existed. Most human beings are reason-using creatures, except for these people. They run around doing whatever they want, not using reason at all. You should see some of the things these people do, I was completely speechless.
The lex naturalis, or “law of human nature” is a moral law that says people need to do good, avoid evil, have families, live at peace with their neighbors, and pursue knowledge. None of the people on the show obey that law, at least not that I have seen. In fact, they do the exact opposite. They don’t really do any good, and instead of avoiding evil, they go looking for it. It seems like they are constantly trying to start trouble with each other. There’s no way any of these people are going to have children or families anytime soon, they still have a lot of growing up to do. They are definitely not at peace with each other, and I don’t think any of them really want to pursue knowledge.
The Jersey Shore personalities have almost no morals, since they do not follow the lex naturalis. Some of the things they did shocked me. The only things they cared about were how they looked, and what the next drama is going to be. I don’t think that the show is appropriate at all; it teaches society that it is okay to not follow the lex naturalis, which is an important part of society. If everybody didn’t follow the lex naturalis we would all be like the personalities from Jersey Shore, and the world would be a terrible place to live in. It’s a good thing that most people follow the lex naturalis, Jersey Shore shows an important lesson in what happens when people don’t.
Well, it's nice that you feel that way. Jersey Shore is a pretty bad show when seeing it from your point of view. People these days, in my opinion, just watch the show for entertainment, though, and don't really care about the messages...
ReplyDelete